Monday, September 22, 2008

Where did September go


I was going to do this each month. So much for that. It is October now and I am playing catch up for September. I thought September was going to be less busy but it wasn't so much. I can say it was a great time of learning and I can say okay I am truly happy for Fall.

A couple of years ago I took this class that totally changed my life. So I got a group of women together to experience it again at my house. This group was centered around a book, 'The Artists Way'. The idea is to read a chapter a week and do the exercises at the end of the chapter. Then there are two more exercises to do with the chapter exercise. First, write each morning first thing before you truly start your thought process. You write three pages, whatever comes to you. It is especially great to recognize the "censor", or the negative talk that we all have going on. As you begin to recognize your own censor then you begin to change your thinking and speaking. I really love doing the Morning pages. Second, you go on your own artists date each week, which includes doing something artistic by yourself. Slowly, each of us found a reason out of this group. It was profound to me how something could be so powerful at one point in my life then as I utilized it again it had no effect. My perspective has changed and so has my life, I am happy to see that I am actually progressing. I guess looking back can do this. I will still do morning pages, thay are a great way for me to vent and still love those around me.

My group is done and Jeff and I still haven't slowed down. Jeff's Aunt passed away so we went to her funeral in Alamo, Nv. I went to a Time Out for women in Vegas. My friend, Gail had two daughters have babies in two different cities and another daughter move to Vegas for a job promotion. I helped her daughter, Kaila find an apartment in Vegas since Gail couldn't be in three places at once. I am so glad Kaila is only in Vegas. I can still see her and I am so proud of her. She is working hard and making great choices. I have had alot of fun with Young Women this month. The girls have gotten really close to me and I have had many of them over here on most Saturdays and Sundays. I love them and am happy they come over. I love that I get to serve with the leaders that I serve with. Cindy has become a great friend and support to me. I don't know what I would do without her laughter and her strength. She is a woman that sees strength in an individual and does not work off of jealousy. What a relief that is.

So I have stayed up way too late and maybe I will do some more this month. I really love this whole blog thing. It has a bit of enpowerment or something.

1 comment:

New Harmony Green said...

Brenda,
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PAINTING!!
I miss you!! I forgot how much working eats away your entire day. oly before kids it didn't seem to be that big of a deal, but now my days are gone before they start. I love it all but I miss you.